How to make sure, the cursor is by default in the 'Username' window of OAM login

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Ashish Ashish
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to make sure, the cursor is by default in the 'Username' window of OAM login

Folks,

Hopefully this is not too difficult to implement:

We just implemented OAM 11.1.2.2.0 as SSO for our EBS R12.1.3

How can I make sure, that when our users, get the OAM login page, the cursor is by default in the 'Username' window ?

Thanks,
Ashish
Veer Veer
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to make sure, the cursor is by default in the 'Username' window of OAM login

Are you currently using the default OAM login page?

You can achieve this functionality with a simple custom login page. so many samples available online.
Ashish Ashish
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to make sure, the cursor is by default in the 'Username' window of OAM login

Hello Veer,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we are currently using the default login page.

So if I need to make the cursor by default be in the Username window, I need a custom login page ?

I am willing to take that route, but I still don't know , how to make the cursor default in that window.

Also can you pl point me to the samples available.

Thanks
Veer Veer
Reply | Threaded
|

Ashish Ashish
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Veer.

I figured it out, without the custom login.jsp file, in case anyone is interested.

I have a conventional OAM install, did NOT customize the login.jsp file, so using the default login.jsp

Go here

$MW_HOME/user_projects/domains/IAMDomain/servers/oam_server1/tmp/_WL_user/oam_server_11.1.2.0.0/dcyk8m/war/pages/js

There is a file called loginJS.js

Open this file and make this change, add a line after line number 123

add this line

document.getElementById('username').focus();

Bounce OAM and you are good to go.
This will make sure , when the user get the OAM login screen, the cursor will be blink in the username window.

Thanks,

Ashish

Veer Veer
Reply | Threaded
|

Great !!!!   Thanks Ashish for taking time and posting the exact solution here.